Bikepack racing is usually not organized, is without entry fees or prizes, but there are a set of rules all bikepacking races follow. The rules are put into place to create a level playing field for all those who participate.
*Note these rules are the general rules for bikepack racing and each event may have their own specific rules and they also change from time to time. With that said it’s important you read and understand the official rules which can be found at the link below.
1. One must complete the entire route under their own power.
2. Outside support is not allowed.
3. No caching of food/supplies ahead of time.
4. No use of motorized transportation or hitch-hiking, EXCEPT for travel to hospital/medical care.
The following are allowed, but not encouraged. Please use sparingly.
5. Unplanned assistance from other racers is ACCEPTABLE.
6. Trail magic OK – but please, no begging or fishing (hinting).
7. Mailing resupplies ahead to Post Offices is ACCEPTABLE (but some racers frown upon this).
Official rules found at Climbing Dreams.
No entry fee, no prizes, absolutely no support